Prevent a Litter!
Low-Cost Spay/Neuter, plus a Rabies Vaccination
- Must be resident of Copiah, Franklin or Lincoln County.
- Must be on a government assistance program (Example: Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Disability or Unemployment).
- During November, Veterans who are residents of Copiah, Franklin or Lincoln Counties qualify for this program.
- Limit two vouchers per household.
- To set up your appointment, contact one of the following vet clinics:
- Animal Health Center 601-833-7788 (Brookhaven)
- Animal Medical Center 601-833-0589 (Brookhaven)
- Copiah Animal Hospital 601-892-4607 (Crystal Springs)
- Be patient and courteous, as surgery appointments may be weeks out.
- $35 per cat (male or female) includes a rabies vaccination.
- $40-$50 per dog, depending on sex of dog and weight of dog, includes a rabies vaccination.
Our awesome shirt was designed by Rachel Montalvo. It reads "I Kissed a Dog and I liked it." Isn't it cute?! This shirt is available in tanks, also. T-shirt sizes are adult small - 3X. $20 each. Shirts can be purchased at BARL's Adoption Center. We also will ship for $5. Contact 601-757-1057 if you need a shirt shipped.
PLEASE Spay/Neuter Your Pet!
BARL offers spay/neuter discount vouchers to individuals on a government assistance program living in Copiah, Franklin or Lincoln County. The vouchers provide a $40 discount on a female spay (dog or cat) and a $25 discount on a male neuter (dog or cat). Contact one of these veterinary clinics to find out about a voucher for your pet:
Animal Health Center - 601-833-7788
Animal Medical Center - 601-833-0589
Brookhaven Animal Hospital - 601-833-1223
Copiah Animal Hospital - 601-892-4607
Larkin Veterinary Clinic - 601-384-8555
BARL's Placing Animal With Seniors (PAWS) program offers senior citizens discounted adoption fees on BARL animals. The program is sponsored by Pets for the Elderly. Anyone 60 or older is eligible to receive $50 off his or her adoption fee of a new BARL pet. A dog's adoption fee will be reduced to $50 (instead of $100) and a cat's adoption fee will be reduced to $35 (instead of $85). The program is designed to offer companionship to senior individuals through pet ownership while providing a home for a shelter animal.